Central America

Central America

Sunday 13 July 2014

I'm concerned I won't have any serotonin left for tomorrow......

I managed to swap beds so I'm on the bottom bunk which is good news as we've decided we'll say a little longer than we first planned.
Our new plan is that we'll stay in this hostel (hostel orquierdeas) untill Tuesday. Reason being we're goin to do two trips, one on Sunday to go swim with Whale Sharks off the cost here in Cancun and the second to Chichen Itza which we're going to do Tuesday. We're then planning to head south to a place calle Playa del Carmen and visit somewhere called Tallum before making our way south again Wednesday or Thursday to the Bleize border. 
We've already met so many people - some who are goin to same way as us and others who are coming from where we're going so there's just a massive exchange of info taking place constantly.

Today was incredible - we went to the beech with some guys from our hostel, 3 from Israel and one guy who's from Switzerland - we went to this place called Mandala Beech which is basically a beech club an the party starts at noon. We arrived to the beech and I was absolutely blown away by the sheer beauty of turquoise water and the pure whit sand..... One of the most picture perfect places I've ever been. We made our way toward Mandala and were greeted by a guy who informed us that for a $25 tab we could have loungers, parasols and use of all the pool and 'club' facilities. Although this is quite expensive to what I was expecting to spend on a daily basis we decided to go for it as the spot was perfect and the music was soooooo good it sucked us right in. As the first DJ set kicked in i felt my happiness levels hit the roof and I realised that these are the kind of days and experiences I have to look forward to for the next ten weeks! Can't be faulted really (although we do need to curb our enthusiasm with the spending).
We stayed all day and had foods and drinks, swam in the sea (which was warm like a bath and crystal clear) and danced for hours in the club pool which was basically the dance floor.
We left at around six PM to make our way back to out hostel and both me and Ceri realised we'd had a little too much Sun but neither of us really cared as we'd had such a good time..... I swear I actually thought to myself 'I might run out of serotonin by tomorrow!'.
When we got back we got chatting with more people, one a German lady called Isabelle who has decided to come swimming with the Whale sharks with us tomorrow  after which we're going to go to watch the World Cup Final together.



The Israeli guys from our hostel.... Planning to meet back up with them in Belize.


Perfect place for a siesta:

















No comments:

Post a Comment